Okay let me just start off by saying holy shit am I ever honoured to be nominated.
Shout out to the lovely Gemma for nominating me, she has an amazing blog where she talks about beauty, entertainment, food, motorsports, and life in general. You guys seriously need to check her out! Her blog is called An Ocean Glimmer (how cute) and you can find it by clicking on the name!
Before diving in- there are some rules that go along with this award (kinda weird but STILL AM FREAKIN EXCITED TO BE APART OF THIS) and they’re as followed:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or in your blog.
Now that you’re caught up to speed, let’s get to those burning questions.
1. What piece of advice would you give to new bloggers?
If I had to give newbie bloggers any advice it would be to stay persistent. Whether that be posting blog posts, posting on instagram or twitter about your blog, just stay active and interacting with other bloggers!
2. If there’s one thing that you’ve learned from blogging, what would that be?
Though I haven’t been blogging for very long, one thing I’ve learned is that it’s okay to take inspiration from many other blogs and incorporate them into yours. As a blogging community I believe that we help to spark the creative mind in others through our own work- and that’s a beautiful thing.
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
I’m a women of many talents (lol that was super cheesy but whatever) and I’m into so many things because I just enjoy the simple little things in life so much. That being said I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted “my thing” to be, you know the thing that everyone knows your blog for. So I settled on Nicole’s Niches because I figured that “niches” was the best word to describe the many things I love and love to talk about.
4. What’s the part of a blogger’s life that you love the most?
I’m not gonna lie, free stuff is pretty cool. I thoroughly enjoy reading other bloggers blogs (say that ten times fast) because to be quite frank reading blog posts is what made me want to start writing my own. So you can always find me on my Reader multiple times a day catching up with my favourite blogs!
5. What is your favourite book?
I am honestly such a book worm, and I go through books like crazy so I can’t say that I have a favourite because it’s always changing. That being said I am currently reading the Outlander series by Diana Galbaldon and I’m so in love. I’m currently on the fourth book, and the book series is has also been made into a tv series. You can click here to read more about it.
6. Which movie you can watch again and again and why?
There’s so many movies that my girlfriend and I have watched way too many times. However I think that I’ll always love Baby Mama, it’s so fricken funny and it’ll never get old.
7. What is one country you love visiting?
I haven’t traveled much in my lifetime, so I can only say that I’ve been to the United States but it wasn’t my favourite.
8. As a child, what did you dream of doing for a living?
You guys are gonna find this either hilarious or so strange but either way, my dream job was to work at Dairy Queen. I found it so fascinating how the ice cream came out of the machine and how the workers got it to swirl perfectly at the top, making a perfect cone. It’s so funny to me now that I dreamed of working a part-time job (like what?!?)
9. What is your typical weekend like?
A typical weekend for me (if I’m not working) depends on what I have planned. Sometimes I spend the weekends vegging around and barley leave the house, other times I’m so busy that I’m home for minutes at a time before I’m gone again. I love to spend the weekend’s with my girlfriend, we have the cutest and most amazing adventures.
10. What makes you happy on a daily basis?
The simple little pleasures in life- like my coffee in the mornings, my girlfriends hugs, crawling into bed after a long day, you get the drift.
11. And lastly, give us three random facts about yourself?
I’m a Capricorn.
My favourite time of year is sweater weather.
I’m obsessed with F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Thank you so much Gemma for these interesting questions, I hope you guys got to learn a little bit more about me from the answers!
The best part about this award is that I now get to nominate my favourite bloggers, and ask them my own questions. All of the blogs that I’m nominated will be linked so please go ahead and check them out, they’re all super amazing people who have blogs I’m personally addicted to. SO I now nominate
“Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless”
“Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle”
“Welcome to my lil’ spot on the WWW”
“Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, California”
“Makeup, Skincare, Beauty, Lifestyle”
“Beauty & Lifestyle”
“The Everything Bagel of Lifestyle Blogging”
“Every Mother Has Her Story”
“My darling world Fashion and Lifestyle blog”
Here’s my questions for you…
- What is the meaning of your name and do you feel like it resembles who you are?
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- What’s your favourite aspect of blogging?
- Do you have a filter on your blog or do you say what you want regardless?
- How do you handle any criticism or negative feedback you may get from putting yourself out there on your blog?
- Who is one person that you’ve met through blogging that you now can’t live without/ or can’t live without reading their posts?
- What does your dream future look like?
- If you had to pick a theme to write about for the rest of your blogging career what would it be: beauty, fashion, lifestyle, or health and wellness?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your sun sign, and do you feel like it resembles who you are?
- Last but not least, tell us three random facts about yourself!
That’s it for today’s post, and the Sunshine Blogger Awards, I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it.
I’m SO excited to see all the posts from the blogs that I nominated- I’ll be awaiting your replies!
If you like what you see and want to support my blog>>> here
Follow my BlogLovin>>> here
Watch my latest Vlog>>> here
PIN FOR LATER⬇︎
Catch up on anything you might have missed:
- February Favourites
- Unpopular Opinion- why I hate carpet
- 5 Tips for Dealing with Separation Anxiety in your Dog
- Easy DIY Kitchen Cabinet Make-Over with Vinyl
- Shop This Space: warm bohemian living
Shout out to the lovely Gemma for nominating me! I’m so honoured!Tweet
ℹ︎ Nicole’s Niches works with sponsors, affiliate networks and receives other forms of compensation to provide custom content, free for you to view! The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own, you can read more about how advertising and our affiliate relationships work on our disclaimer page.